At Sterling Stamp, we regularly advise UK and international clients on drawing up wills, and deal with the administration of their estates. We approach the preparation of wills and subsequent administration of estates with the greatest degree sensitivity and utmost professionalism, combining our extensive expertise and efficiency with a considerate, personal service. We are frequently asked to act as executors to estates and provide a will storage service.
We will work with you to identify the best means of holding and passing on assets, which take account of your particular circumstances and seek to minimise tax liabilities.
We can also ensure that any trusts created in your lifetime or by Will are administered effectively, and that your own and your trustees’ tax compliance obligations to HM Revenue & Customs are discharged correctly. We take a proactive approach to administering estates, ensuring that the process moves as smoothly and quickly as possible, while identifying relevant tax planning opportunities.
We can help you:-
• through the process of estate administration and probate
• Make your Will
• Advise on Inheritance Tax planning
• Lasting Powers of Attorney and General Powers of Attorney
• Trusts both for Inheritance Tax planning and estate planning
- Advise you in regard to estate and Probate laws
- Write a will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Set up family and testamentary trusts
- Advise you in regard to choosing executors and guardians
- Minimise the chance that your will is contested and subject to litigation
- Advise in regard to estate tax and financial concerns
- Safely store your will and other important legal documents
At the same time as considering your Will we strongly recommend that you also put in place plans for any future incapacity. This will ensure that if you somehow become unable to make decisions about your finances, your medical treatment or living arrangements then the person or persons who you trust to make these decisions can do so unhindered.
At Sterling Stamp we understand that dealing with a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life. From mountains of paper work to legal jargon and simmering family disputes, they’re the last things you want to deal with when you’re grieving the loss of someone important in your life.
So, let us help you by:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies
- Applying for Probate of the Will
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Applying for administration rights if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts
- Administering trust funds
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for estate tax returns
- Family mediation and negotiation
- Contesting wills and defending estate litigation
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment with an experienced estate solicitor in the UK.