About the Firm
Sterling Stamp is a trusted legal bridge between the UK, North Africa (Morocco and Algeria), Middle East (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait) and Francophone Africa. In its principal solicitor, solicitors and trainees, there are two decades of experience at an international level across civil, common and sharia legal systems. We understand the legal challenges facing our international clients in these jurisdictions, and can thereby take a direct approach to resolving matters in a cost efficient way, such as limiting the unnecessary involvement of third parties and intermediaries. We accept instructions and advise in Arabic, French and English.
- Assisting HNWIs with tax, property laws, planning and managing all aspects of finances, including wills and probate.
- Families and business owners set up and manage family offices with our guidance, customising plans for family members, defining and employing varied strategies for wealth protection and transfer, be they familial or philanthropic.
- Drafting and reviewing trusts in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with accountants for suitable arrangements.
- Shielding trusts from claims being made under family law or debt recovery proceedings.
- Effectively administering trusts and discharging the tax compliance obligations of settlors and their trustees to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Drawing up wills and administering estates.
- Identifying the best means of holding and passing on assets, while seeking to minimise tax liabilities.
- Drafting wills that maximise inheritance and minimise the risk of being contested and subject to litigation.
- Inheritance tax planning, lasting powers of attorney and general powers of attorney.
- Executors and guardians.
- Storing wills and other important documents.
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries.
- Organising estate tax returns.
- Family mediation and negotiation.
- Contesting wills and deed.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Advice on business structures including partnerships, trusts, and corporation.
- Employment law including employment contracts, employee rights, unfair dismissal and confidentiality agreements.
- Administrative law.
- Copyright and intellectual property law.
- Advice on legislative requirements, corporate structure, governance and compliance.
- Tax law.
- Joint ventures.
- Advice for non-profit organisation and charities.
- Corporate insolvency, distressed debt situations, schemes of arrangement, reorganisations, receivership, administration, compulsory liquidation, members voluntary liquidation, advice to directors for wrongful trading and potential offences.
- Personal insolvency, bankruptcy petitions, voluntary arrangements with creditors and dealing with all other situations concerning personal distressed debt.
- Guidance to licensed insolvency practitioners, practical advice on the retention of title claims by creditors, dealing with banks and other financiers.
- Property acquisitions, developments, leasing and holding structures, investments for residents and non-residents, funds, joint ventures, property company takeovers, listings and M&A.
- PFI/PPP, state aid and grant schemes, procurement issues, outsourcing, housing and mixed-use schemes.
- Advising banks, developers, investors, private clients, funds, corporate occupiers, hotels and student accommodation providers and government agencies with with real estate assets.
- Advise and manage property purchase, financing, management, leasing and disposals.
- Purchase, refurbishment and sale of residential properties.
- Acquisition of office complexes, retail outlets and factories.
- Landlord and tenant relationships, environment investigation, planning issues, taking and realising securities.
- We act for developers of residential property and commercial properties investors throughout the UK.
International Litigation and ADR
- We are the go-to firm in the UK for international disputes involving complex jurisdictional issues across the the Middle East, North Africa and Francophone Africa.
- Dealing with commercial contractual, financial, business, trade and commodities disputes and the enforcement of both domestic judgements overseas and international judgements in the UK.
- Regularly appointed to resolve disputes under the international arbitration rules of arbitral institutions, ICC, LCIA, ICSID and UNCITRAL.